The United states African Development Foundation(USADF) is tempting applications from corporations that ought to be developing, scaling up or extending energy technologies to the off-grid areas of African country for the All On Nigeria Off-Grid Energy Challenge in 2023.
The African country Off-Grid Energy Challenge could be a joint initiative of the us African Development Foundation (USADF) and every one On and is intended to extend electrical generation to unserved and underserved communities through property business model solutions; To expand electricity access – delivered through off-grid solutions like home systems or micro-grids and to increase access to electricity for productive and/or unit use – whereas this might embrace the ability to fulfill household shopper wants, stress is additionally given to the delivery of power to productive or business activities as well as agricultural production and process, business enterprises, and others.
The Off-Grid Energy Challenge could be a key component of the on the far side the Grid sub-initiative of Power continent, a U.S. Government-led partnership launched in 2013 to double access to electricity in geographical area by 2030 by increasing put in power capability.
- USADF and everyone On are very much happy to propose for the USADF-All On African country Off-Grid Energy Challenge.
- Proposals of up to US$100,000 is in and about 10 awards are anticipated.
- Winning candidates can receive Associate in Nursing investment within the sort of a convertible loan at an inexpensive charge per unit and/or an equity investment
- Seed capital within the sort of grant funds
- Access to intensive native technical help and governance support
Eligibility & Selection Criteria
- USADF and every one On can contemplate proposals from 100 percent African-owned and majority Nigerian-owned and Nigerian-managed corporations.
- Passports or different government-issued IDs of householders and senior managers should be submitted with the applications.
- The companies applying should be for-profit enterprises and must not be government-owned or operated in any means.
- Applicants could also be developers of their own technology and/or may be deed and implementing technology developed elsewhere.
- Applicants got to be wrongfully registered in African country and demonstrate the capability to trace and manage the project resources and operate in smart standing with the native governments within which they operate.
- Winning proposals must:
- Further develop, proportion or extend the utilization of well-tried technologies for off-grid energy in African country.
- Benefit marginalized, or low financial gain rural or urban populations presently underserved by utility corporations, ideally with attention on advantages to ladies and women and operative within the Niger Delta.
- Demonstrate monetary property or the potential for financial sustainability. The projected investment amount should embrace just about 3 months of generation of electricity (or generation of energy) and revenue/cash ensue sales.
- Demonstrate a well-tried chronicle of expertise or have project sponsors or partners with a proven track record of connected experience.
Application Deadline: February 29, 2023
Phase one Application Proposal templet (for submission by day,
- Applicants background info
- Applicant profile
- The projected use of Funds
- The Application isn’t to exceed fourteen pages (with font size not be to smaller than ten points).
- Attachments for section one
- Phase a pair of Application (For submission by those corporations that are sophisticated they need created the initial cut in MARCH 2023):
- Attachments for section a pair of
Business pitch document (maximum ten slides): Document to incorporate graphs, timelines, and analysis
Detailed monetary model: candidates are going to be needed to supply a minimum of five years company-wide projected financials incorporating
All candidates are needed to use the coupled business proposal templet. the finished proposal templet along side the desired documentation ought to be submitted by email on or before day, 2023.