University of Stellenbosch GEM Scholarship in South Africa 2023
The Graduate school of Economic and Management Sciences at the University of Stellenbosch in African nation offers regular Ph.D. scholarship positions within the 2023/24 academic term.
The school of Economic and Management Sciences (GEM), a unit within the Dean’s workplace, is liable for the regular Ph.D. programme of the school of Economic and Management Sciences.The unit has been operational since 2014.
The objectives of the school are to:
- Provide a partly structured programme for regular, residential degree education across all the departments of the school (the Graduate School’s calendar of events are provided below).
- Greatly increase the Faculty’s range of Ph.D. graduates.
- Broaden access to the degree education in economic and management sciences, and
- Continuously develop and supply effective support structures for Ph.D. studies among the school.
The positions are funded by the school to a most of R138 000 per annum for 3 years. The school allocates these scholarships by considering every application on its own benefit.
Eligibility and Selection Criteria
candidates should meet the subsequent minimum criteria to be thought-about for a scholarship:
- A candidate should meet the minimum criteria for admission to a Ph.D. at Stellenbosch University. this needs a master’s degree within the relevant discipline or, in exceptional circumstances, constant qualification.
- Candidates should have achieved a grade of 65% in their master’s programmes.
- Candidates should be below forty years mature once the programme commences in Gregorian calendar month.
- Only applications in one among the Faculty’s analysis Themes are going to be thought-about.
- All students who meet the on top of criteria are going to be thought-about.
Application Deadline: July 31, 2023
Follow these steps to use for the 2023 cohort of the Graduate School:
- Read the factors for eligibility explicit on top of.
- Fill within the Application kind
- You will be needed to jot down a letter motivating your quality for the scholarship (maximum length: one A4 page), likewise as a research idea note (no most length) on one or more hand-picked research topics or issues that you plan to check within the course of your degree programme. These ought to be completed on the applying kind within the relevant sections.
- Please consult the 2023 analysis Themes to guide you in selecting a research topic. analysis topics outside the listed research themes is accommodated as long as it falls among this research themes that are active in one among the Faculty’s tutorial departments.
- Please note that scholarships will solely be awarded wherever the school is ready to appoint an acceptable supervisor for the subject to be studied.
- Submission of associate application doesn’t guarantee entry. There are restricted scholarships on the market and awards are created on a competitive basis.
- Please make sure that your 3 references are familiar that their referee reports stating your capability to complete degree studies ought to be sent on to the school via email.
- Send your completed form electronically to: [email protected]
- Due to the big range of applications received, solely shortlisted candidates are going to be contacted. If you have got not received communication from the school workplace by the sixteenth of Oct 2023, the applying ought to be thought-about as unsuccessful.