University of London Post-Doctoral Research Fellowship in UK 2023
The University of London offers a grip for a Post-Doctoral analysis Fellow: Toolkit for Inclusion and variety in English Studies (TIDE) for the 2023/2024 year.
This post is funded by the University of London’s Convocation Trust. The position may be a fixed-term annual fellowship and is anticipated to start by April 2023. Part-time applications also are welcome. the guy will be a part of the Institute of English Studies to recover neglected or unnoted accounts of inclusion and variety from the history of IES workers members and Fellows which will change the Institute to inform completely different stories concerning its own past. The Fellowship will embody documenting and promoting samples of best practices for diversity and inclusion in teaching and analysis, and collaboration with IES partners, University English and also the English Association.
The Institute of English Studies is one in every of 9 specialist Institutes within the college of Advanced Study, University of London. primarily based in Senate House in Bloomsbury, the Institute has dedicated facilities, use of the Senate House Library and special collections, and a substantial analysis fellowship. it’s committed to developing knowledgeable analysis, postgraduate teaching and coaching within the history of the book, and to become a national and international center for the fashionable study of English.
- This is a annual fixed-term, full-time appointment (part-time applications will be welcomed).
Eligibility & Selection Criteria
- Ability to figure severally additionally as collaboratively
- Experience of partaking with HEI and non-HEI partners on analysis comes
- Track record of fantastic analysis and publication in equality, inclusion and variety practices relevant to English Studies.
- Desirable: expertise operating with archives PhD in a very field of study relevant to the vary of disciplinary and knowledge domain work
of the Institute of English Studies. this could embody the fabric history of the book (from manuscript page to digital object) and also the history of business enterprise, as well as interests in colonial, postcolonial and decolonial English studies; trans-national
- English studies; inventive, vital and education decolonial practices; critical race theory.
- Evidence of analysis activity and revealed research in relevant fields.
Application Deadline: April 16, 2023
Applicants ought to submit (amalgamated in one document):
- CV (including names of 2 referees)
- Cover letter (detailing however the applicant’s account prepares them for the role and what their analysis goals would be at intervals the scope of the project)
Writing sample of up to five,000 words