How To Apply For Work Permit In Canada
Getting work permit in Canada can be sometimes frustrating, as every year more than 30,000 persons apply to get it, Canadian work permit is a visa issued to.an individual to work in Canada for a period of time. For one to get work permit in Canada, you must have gotten employment from a company with ESDC (Employment and Social Development Canada) and LMIA (Labor Market Impact Assessment), which licenses them to employ foreigners.
Anybody is eligible to apply from business people, permanent workers, temporary workers, students and others, but as long as you have offer of employment at hand.
Also Read: Apply For Student Scholarships Without IELTS
Benefit of Canadian VISA
- Work in Canada under the employer whom you mentioned in your application
- Easy application for dependent Visa
- Travel to Canada
- Easy application for permanent residency Visa
To be eligible for the work visa you must
- Provide a proof to the visa officer that on expiration of your work visa you will move out of Canada
- You must provide a financial document that provides you have enough funds to take care if you and your family in Canada.
- Must have no record of criminal activities and must provide a police clearance
- Does not pose as a threat to Canadian security
- Must provide a medical certificate of fitness and must be in good health.
- Must work with employers in good standing with the government.
- Have no plans to work with erotic organization like exotic dance, erotic massage, escort services
- Must provide any documents needed by the Canadian authorities.
Documents required for Canadian work permit
- A passport not more than 6 months from the expected arrival to Canada
- Two recent passport
- Educational certificate and professional qualification with proof of work experience.
- Proof of having adequate finances to cater for family in Canada like bank statements
- Medical examination from a recognized government hospital
- IELTS score
- Application fee
Work permits in Canada are of two types, open work permit and an employer-specific work permit. Open work permit allows you work for any employer, this work visa can be applied without a letter from the employer or LAMIA impact, Type of work, Places where you can work, Duration of work. While for employer-specific work permit it allows you work for a specific employer.
Those who can employ for open work permit are:
Read More: How To Become A Lawyer Around the Globe
- Temporary Work Permits for spouses
- Post-Graduation Work Permit
- Temporary Resident Permit
- World Youth Program Permit
- Atlantic Immigration Pilot Program Spousal Permit
- Regular Open Work Permit
- Bridging Open Work Permit
Conditions for open work permit is almost like the general requirement, except that language skills, biometric data, insurance and must adhere to all rules guiding your employment.
Getting work permit is not always easy in Canada, but you must be willing to convince the immigration officers, that you must come back to your country on expiration of your employment and also proof of being able to support yourself and family should in case you are applying for a dependent Visa.